Saturday, May 1, 2010

Lila's Birthday - April 24, 2010

Lila Grace Smart
8 lbs 1 oz
21 inches

Lila arrived Saturday April 24, 2010 at 10:56 am.  I woke up at about 1:30 am during the night having contractions.  I wasn't sure if it was the real deal so I waited to see if they stopped.  At about 3:30 when they had not stopped I woke up Rog to tell him I was having contractions.  We started timing them and they were about 4-4.5 minutes apart.  Rog called Baptist labor and delivery and they said we could come in and let them measure my contractions on a monitor to see if I was in labor.  Rog got up and showered because we still were not sure that it was the real thing.  As my contractions got stronger, I was increasingly convinced that I was in labor.  I told Rog on the way to the hospital that if this wasn't labor I really didn't want to know what real labor felt like.  We got to the hospital about 4:30 and before they could get me hooked up to the contraction monitor and baby's heart rate monitor, my water broke.  When this happened, the labor and delivery nurse told us we weren't leaving the hospital without a baby.  At that, we called all the family to let them know she was on her way.  From this point everything progressed very rapidly.  I got an epidural about 30 minutes after we got there and it was smooth sailing from there. She arrived about 6 hours later.  She was a beautiful and healthy little girl.  We were extremely fortunate that the entire labor from beginning to end went about as smoothly as we could have hoped.  Here are some pictures of our little angel from the day she was born.










No comments:

Post a Comment